Why this beauty routine is best done upside down.

26 Apr

Some beauty routines are best kept behind closed doors.

Jo hair selfie

Here’s a rundown of how I dry my hair. Try not to laugh too hard.

Step 1: After getting out of the shower, towel dry hair and immediately apply a volumising product to the roots.

Step 2: Apply the latest in a serious of products I have found that promises to make my hair full, think and healthy, avoiding the roots where the first product resides in a slightly sticky mess.

Step 3: Flip my hair upside down and use a hairdryer to dry it like this until it is almost fully dry or just before all the blood that has rushed to my hair causes dizziness.

Step 4: Flip my hair right side up and then proceed to blow dry it section by section with an enormous round brush.

Step 5: Tease the hell out of it, at the roots.

Step 6: Lightly comb it all down to give the illusion of natural thickness.

Step 7: Finish with half a can of salon-quality hairspray. Hope a bird doesn’t fly into your head or it will bounce right off, or never escape.

A bit ridiculous, right? But this is what takes to make my hair look thick and healthy.

I was born with lovely, long, chestnut hair that bore a slight wave. It looked great, when I was five, however the older I got, the more it began to adhere to the sides of my face. Thus the early onset of constant teasing at the roots, and hairspray, and all that other stuff. There was my unfortunate reliance on heated rollers in my early twenties, my attempt to give it more fullness by cutting it quite short in my mid  twenties and then my giving up on styling it and wearing it in a ponytail in my late twenties. My thirties haven’t been much better.

There was also that day that my stepson walked in on me blow drying my hair, while naked, because my towel had fallen off. EVERYTHING was hanging down and gravity is not kind. Not on any of my body parts and particularly not on my hair. We have never spoken of this.

And we will never speak of this.

So I jumped, leaped, catapulted at the chance to try the new L’Oreal Elvive Fibralogy Thickening shampoo, conditioner and serum. Could this be the magical elixir I have been searching for my entire life, closely followed by the one that allows me to eat as many biscuits as I want without gaining weight? Could this be the key to fuller, thicker, healthier hair that I can just dry upright like a normal person and not lather in mountains of products that are mostly incredibly disappointing?

For the next four weeks I’ll be using nothing but L’Oreal Elvive Fibralogy on my hair and I’ll going to let you know exactly how it goes. I really really really hope it works. I do love my L’Oreal products. They haven’t let me down before.

I’ll keep you posted on the results.

In the meantime why don’t you join the Fibralogy Circle and try the products out for yourself? All you need to do is head to thickerhair.com.au, enter your details and you’ll receive an exclusive discount.

Fibrology

I’ll have her hair please!

Fibralogy is available at all leading retail outlets for RRP $5.95 for shampoo and conditioner and $9.95 for double serum. What incredible prices!

I’m also delighted to offer MY FIRST GIVEAWAY here at joabi.com.au. How would you like the chance to win a L’Oreal Paris Gift Pack valued at $150? All you need to do is tell me about the unique challenges your hair presents you with in the comments section below. We all have our hair struggles but we don’t have to go through it alone!

In the comments section below, tell me all about your unique hair challenges and you could win the prize pack!

12 Responses to “Why this beauty routine is best done upside down.”

1. annamumofone April 26, 2015 at 9:21 am #

I have very fine curly hair. I love the fibralogy range, have been using it for a couple of months now, my hair definitely feels thicker. I use the conditioner daily on the ends of my hair.

2. Nufinity May 4, 2015 at 5:00 pm #

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group
    of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community
    in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

3. Biofinite May 8, 2015 at 5:22 am #

I was excited to uncover this site. I wanted to thank you
    for ones time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated
    every bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to check out new stuff on your blog.

4. wireless camera systems May 11, 2015 at 10:14 am #

The settings because of this need being correct or maybe you will either receive not enough
    alerts, missing vital events, Wireless WIFI WLAN H.
    Once connected run the setup drivers that are for the driver disc and you also need to
    allow the digital camera into your firewall settings in your router.
    This event highlighted the requirement for advanced regulations,
    stronger security protocols, and vulnerability scanners, Wi-fi unlocker to shield online networks.

Not only would they offer free Fort Worth, Texas Wifi, however they have computers on-site
    that it is possible to use at the same time. These
    make great gifts for your security concious gadget lover, or anyone
    planning to add little bit of extra security on their
    home.

5. nobody May 13, 2015 at 4:03 pm #

You along with your guests know “goodbye” fot it uncomfortable metal
    bar which is notoriously associated to using a sofa mattresses.
    There is extra sleeping in the lounge with the queen size sleeper sofa.

If you are considering getting a sleeper sofa to allow for overnight guests,
    divan beds are a great option.

They use a sophisticated spring-loaded opening mechanism,
    which will pulls out from the center with the sofa
    frame. Our room included two queen beds, a sofa sleeper, and plenty of space so that we weren’t falling around each other as we moved around the room.

6. ibuypower xion echo review May 13, 2015 at 4:39 pm #

I preceded to download the ‘Insiders’ Report’ from your u – Vme members area, which I
    now had use of, and I was frankly stunned to see
    about the size this skill games market. This presents
    a major problem for laptop gamers because
    if they could’t see the images properly, they can’t play the overall game properly.
    Ibuypower coupon code january 2014 Redlands laptop repair recommends
    at the least 8GB of RAM to get a gaming laptop.

A laptop contains the ability to have a large hard disk drive and
    a rewriteable DVD drive installed with it, helping to make
    carrying information local for the computer much easier.
    Sound Card: The sound cards have to be of high quality because they form an integral part of
    any good gaming notebook.

7. Biomuscle XR May 17, 2015 at 11:26 pm #

I read this post completely about the difference of hottest and earlier technologies, it’s awesome article.

8. guide robot patissier conforama italia May 25, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

En plus d’etre equipe de tout un arsenal d’outils pour realiser des basis liees au monde de fonctionnalites relavant de la cuisine quotidienne.

9. insignia tv e310 May 26, 2015 at 9:22 pm #

The Chopper Tattoo have a look at relinquishes those people aged
    or somewhat forgotten realms which is likely to become accurate insignia of idealism and tradition. For fast paced images,
    like in sports and games, Plasma TV offer higher quality
    as there is no blurring. Insignia tv yellow light
    If you would like to connect the Wii towards the LCD TV employing this cable, the steps
    are extremely straightforward.

Most LCD TVs offer several AV ports, around the back, side
    or front with the television. US military aircraft also added the famous Stars and Bars insignia to the roundels on his or her planes.

10. Laura June 9, 2015 at 10:27 am #

My hair is very long but very thin. Whenever I ask my hairdresser how to make it look fuller she wants me to cut it! But I refuse. I am very attached to my long hair. It is healthy. I just want more of it.

11. 7 day fitness program June 29, 2015 at 2:04 am #

If some one wants to be updated with most up-to-date technologies afterward he must be go to see this website and be up to date all the time.

12. magnetic screen doors September 15, 2015 at 3:36 pm #

Pretty! Thiis was an eextremely wonderful
    article. Many thanks foor supplying this info.